M4 9906 Specs
9906 Ultra Compact 9-Track
So many features, so little size
M4 Data proudly features the world's most compact 9-Track tape drive, the 9906.
Operating at 100 inch per second tape speed, the base unit supports 1600 (PE), and 3200 (DPE)
recording formats and has an available 6250 (GCR) format option.
The 9906 is available with industry standard "formatted" interface or SCSI-2, either
single-ended or differential. The 9906 is the perfect choice for desktop applications
requiring data interchange with mid-range and mainframe systems.
Unit autoloads any size reel by just closing the door. Scrolling multi-language
alphanumeric display advises of status and operation at all times. With desktop
enclosure or optional rack-mounting kit.
The smallest auto-loading, self-threading, full-function 9-track drives from a high-quality supplier. High performance, low cost & briefcase size.
- 6250 bpi GCF 3200 bpi PE & 1600 bpi options
- 100 ips tape speed
- Built-in buffered SCSI (1 or 2) Pertec/Cipher interface
- Read-reverse capability for enhanced data verification
- Fast, reliable auto-loading cycle (less than 30 seconds)
- Built-in diagnostics with 8-digit intelligent alphanumeric display
- Full international safety approvals
- Connectivity options for most systems, including: IBM AS/400, RS/6000, PC, Sun, HP, DEC, ICL, Unisys, Silicon Graphics & Motorola
- Optional rack mounting
See the specifications of this product.